Monday, March 13, 2006

In Case of Blackout, Grill Shrimp


Last night was actually one of my favorite nights of the year. I like it when stuff happens that throws us out of our routines. We all need a reminder from time to time that we don't have quite as much control over things as we like to believe. And its really nice to have the TV removed as an option for a while.

So last night I hung out in a dark room with a few friends, ate some shrimp that I grilled, and drank a bottle of wine I brought back from Cinque Terre, Italy. It was one of the most relaxing evenings I've had in a long time. I wish we had nights like that more often. I'm really getting bored with the loud bar scene. But I'm in too good a mood to complain. I just wish I still had some shrimp left.

Kansas 80 - Texas 68
Big 12 Tournament Champions

1 comment:

Brad Raple said...

That shrimp looks pretty good. I might have to make some this week.