Friday, March 10, 2006

Hammer Time


I've added a new link to the side of my blog. That's right, none other than MC Hammer has started a blog. It appears to be slightly more popular than mine. But I'm not drinkin the Haterade. No way. Back in the day, Hammer used to be my boy. I had the parachute pants. I had the MC Hammer tape rockin my Sony boombox. I knew the words to random songs: "that's why we pray (pray), oh yeah we pray (pray), we've got to pray just to make it today..."

Soon enough the guy was on top of the world. Millions of dollars in the bank. Multi-million dollar mansions. Nothing could stop him. I recall when my father, who had slightly more refined musical tastes asked me, "do you really think he's still going to be around five years from now?" I laughed at him. I thought that suggestion was absurd. Hammer was the man! You can't touch this!

Fast forward ten years or so, and here he is, at home writing a blog, not all that different than me. Except I got a JD in the meantime.

"My my my my, music hits me, so hard, makes me say, "oh my lord!"

2 comments:

Brad Raple said...

I don't know, Jason. I was trying to keep an open mind about the MC Hammer thing, but when I checked out his blog, the first thing I saw was a post from him talking about how great Barry Bonds* is. I don't think I can get past that. Sorry.

TheMemoWriter said...

Nice use of the asterisk. What are you talking about though? Who cares about what he says on the blog? My point was simply, MC Hammer has a blog. And so do I. So, we're not all that different. Except he used to be worth millions and I have a JD*.

Uh oh, here comes the Hammer!