Friday, February 17, 2006

While my guitar gently weeps


Well, I recently picked up a new guitar and I'm very excited about it. For one thing, I had a very positive experience when I picked it out. We have a fantastic music shop in town, and they were a tremendous help. You have to pay a little bit more than online, but it was well worth it. Besides, if I was shopping online, I never would have ended up with the guitar I picked out. Actually the guitar kind of picked me out. It had a unique sound that I couldn't get away from. I also loved the way it looks.

I was just saying the other day that I'm happy because right now I'm in the middle of a musical growth period. It feels like most of the time you are stuck in a plateau, but occasionally you really feel like you're consistently getting better. That's an awesome feeling.

I don't know how to do it yet, but soon I hope to figure out how to post demos that I record at my place. I'd like to occasionally tack them onto my blog for you to sample and comment on if you like. I think that would be fun and a great way to share my creations. I think it will also encourage me to create more often.

I could have had a Martin or a Guild, but I got hooked on the sound of this guy pretty fast. And the reviews were all amazing. So that was that. Oh, and RIP to my Fender DG-7. Thanks for all the memories.


Blueridge BR-160

The Blueridge BR-160 dreadnaught has the key technical specs and performance characteristics inherent in the original "Pre-War Herringbones", that acoustic/Bluegrass musicians find so desirable. The sound and response that are great - and bound to get better over time as the guitar is played in!

Finest solid spruce top with handcarved parabolic braces in the classic forward X-pattern.
Solid, Select Indian Rosewood back and sides.
Delicate herringbone top inlay for vintage look.
White binding with fine black and white purfling on body.
Back features center strip of delicate wood marquetry.
Slim mahogany neck has adjustable truss rod.
Style B- Mother-of-pearl and abalone design on peghead.
Natural high-gloss finish with aging toner for perfect vintage look.

2 comments:

Brad Raple said...

Good luck. You'll have to demo it for me sometime.

TheMemoWriter said...

I just recorded a brief NIN inspired tribute based on Hurt. It's pretty vanilla but I'm glad that I can press down some keys and make the sounds I'm making. I can't wait until I have some legitimate equipment for this.