Sunday, June 25, 2006

For an assault, must the victim be afraid?


No. The victim must apprehend harmful or offensive contact, but he doesn't have to be afraid of it. "Apprehension" here means that P has a belief that is she doesn't take action, a harmful or offensive contact will soon occur. P's right to recover is not negated by the fact that she is confident of her own ability to take action to avoid the contact.





This is the type of non-sense I'm spending my time on. The stress was beginning to get to me a little bit this weekend, but I think I'm feeling somewhat better. Friday night my roommate got passes to a pretty cool club in downtown San Diego. On the way back, I drove by a large marquee that said: "Bar Exam, July 25-27." At the time, it really kind of made me laugh and adjust my focus a little bit. Now I'm feeling more like its me against them. How dare they create such a stupid barrier to pursuing what I've worked so hard for!

It's clear that I simply cannot allow this to occur. I must learn how to tell them what they want to hear. That's all it is. Put on the monkey outfit, memorize the dance, and then do it, for 3 days straight. Then hopefully, four months from now, I'll be able to put this all out of my mind. It will be much like the experience of one who has been a victim of violence. What a shame too, I could be spending my time doing something like snorkeling in the above picture.

Anyway, in other areas of my life...sadly there isn't that much to talk about. I had a nice lunch at the diner near the Bar/bri class. That has become my sanctuary. It's nice to have one of those.

Well folks, it's time for me to hit the sack. Until next time.

No comments: