Friday, September 02, 2005

Our hearts are with you


I don't have much time to write, but I had to say something about what happened in New Orleans. It's a terrible and sad situation, and we all know that it's brought out the worst in some people. My hope is that in the end, it will bring out the best in people as well.

For now, I'll just post the words of Jon Edwards, because I know I couldn't say it any better:

"You know, I have learned two lessons in my life. One is that there will always be heartache and struggle in our lives. We can't make it go away. And the other is that people of good will can make a difference. One lesson is sad and the other is inspiring. And walking together through this day, we choose to be inspired because we know that we can fulfill the promise.
In times like these, if we can work together, comfort together, and help communities rebuild together, then let's do that for all of the challenges that exists right now and build one America."

Our hearts are with you.

No comments: