Friday, August 26, 2005

Speaking of Jefferson



Did someone mention Thomas Jefferson? Ok...it was me. When I find myself moping about the current state of the American Presidency, I can't help but think of guy like Jefferson.


Sometimes I wonder if someone went back and changed history to make this guy sound like a genius. Just about everything he ever said would happen has, and in exactly the manner that he predicted. And the way that he wrote and spoke; it’s unbelievable. What happened to our country? Hundreds of years later we have a bunch of...lame, unintelligent and inept hacks vying for the presidency.

A while back I heard people talking about cloning Benjamin Franklin. Maybe we should clone Jefferson as well. ;)

Q: Is it effeminate to end my post with a smiley face?

1 comment:

Brad Raple said...

Just about everything Nostradamus said has come true as well. "Somewhere...sometime in the future....something bad will happen...." Wow. I'm impressed.

But then again, Jefferson was a little more specific in his prophecies, like how the Federal government would end up usurping power, and how Bill would win the first season of the Apprentice. The guy's pretty spot-on.