Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

As my time in Lawrence begins to draw to a close, I can't help but become a little bit nostalgic. So while I was driving down Tennessee today, I began to think about what I'll miss about Lawrence.

The brick sidewalks and streets

The Wheel

Allen Fieldhouse

Mass Street

The sound of the trains at night

The dark one way streets, especially Tennessee and Kentucky

The Crossing

Yellow Sub

Mass Street Music

Friends, new and old

It's late and there's tons more...and I'd love to hear what's on everyone elses list!

1 comment:

Brad Raple said...

I'll limit myself to what hasn't been covered so far.

The off-leash dog parks. On a related note, the amount of public money spent on things like that and walking trails. (And therefore not spent on potholes, unfortunately.)

Molly McGee's.

Rudy's Pizza.

The weirdness that seems to be going on daily in South Park by the courthouse. Whether it's guys swordfighting, old women doing yoga, or a dress rehearsal for Wakarusa Fest, there are always some unusual activities going on, with some unusual participants.

The "Honk for Hemp" guys on 11th and Mass St. every weekend. I think they've drifted over half a block from the park.