Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Say Something


Hello there, loyal readers. I am sorry for my brief absence. I hope you've survived without me. There hasn't been a whole lot going on, but I'll fill you in on a hillarious phone call I had the other night.

I'm driving home from work and the phone rings. It's not a number that's in my phone, so ordinarily I wouldn't answer. But nothing good is on the radio, so I answer, hoping its a supermodel. Instead:

Unknown caller: "Mom and I are thinking about grabbing a bite to eat."
Me: (Pause) "What?"
Unknown caller: "Where should we go eat?"

Now this is normally where I would hang up, but I was in one of those moods...

Me: "Well where are you?" (Trying to get information)
Unknown caller: "On the corner of 1st and X."
Me: "How's pizza sound?"
Unknown caller: "Mom doesn't want pizza."
Me: "That's just like her."
Unknown caller: "What?"
Me: "Nevermind, what about a sub?"
Unknown caller: "She doesn't want a sub."
Me: "Well hey, you're the one who called me!"
Unknown caller: "What's wrong with you? You in a bad mood or something?"
Me: "No, not really, how about that pita place?"
Unknown caller: "Yeah, that will work. How late are they open?"
Me: "Ever heard of a phone book?"
Unknown caller: "Geez...sorry."
Me: "Gotta go, tell Mom I say hello."

Strange people out there. But then again, I'm the one driving around talking to them on the phone so they can figure out what to eat.

No comments: