Saturday, October 14, 2006

It's Saturday & I'm 26

It never fails to amaze me how much my perception changes every few years...as I lay here this morning I can't believe that I'm 26 and I'm done with law school. It wasn't so long ago that I was looking at 3 more years of school. I remember my first semester...wondering if I was going to be able to survie...which would eventually shift to wondering if I could deal with the constant barrage of non-sense. That's really what law school becomes...its like a mental marathon. If you survive the first month, you will graduate as long as you read an outline and show up for finals.

Despite this, I now realize that law school radically altered the way in which I perceive the world and process information...For the most part, I think its an improved perception. But it does seem to carry a lot of baggage.

No comments: